The Milton Town School District is part of the Vermont 802 Smiles Network in collaboration with the Vermont Department of Health. The grant-funded program is in its second year here in Milton.
Milton’s 2023-2024 program is staffed by a part-time, supervised Registered Dental Hygienist who works with the School Nurses.
Milton’s Dental Hygienist will be involved in the following activities this year:
- Providing dental health education classroom sessions
- Distributing toothbrushes, toothpaste and flossers/floss
- Offering dental screenings and individual oral hygiene instruction
- Referring students to a dentist
- Assisting families in finding a dentist
- Offering fluoride varnish, dental sealants, and silver diamine fluoride (SDF) when indicated and with parent/guardian permission. Click here for information from the VT Dept of Health
A dental screening is really helpful:
- If your child(ren) has not visited a dentist for over a year
- If you do not have a family dentist and/or would like assistance finding a dentist who will accept your dental insurance program
- If you do not have dental insurance
- If you are interested in having your child(ren) receive some school-based services
Kindergarten through 12th Grade online dental screening permission form:
PreSchool online dental screening permission form:
Here’s the Vermont Department of Health’s 5-minute video overview of the statewide program, with different tiers of service, depending on the school district.
The 802 Smiles Network is a partnership between the school community, dental professionals, the Agency of Education, and the Vermont Department of Health.
The goal is to improve the oral health of all Vermont kids.