Community-Based PreK provides tuition for any child who is 3 or 4 years-old by September 1, 2017 (or who is 5 years-old and not attending Kindergarten) to attend prequalified preschool programs under Act 166 legislation.
- Families choose from a list of prequalified sites in and around Milton and are responsible for enrolling their child/ren in the preschool they choose and registering with the district.
- Act 166 allows up to $3,178 towards 10 hours a week, for 35 weeks during the academic school year, of publicly funded preschool. This is the 2017/2018 rate and is paid directly to the prequalified partner provider. The 2018/2019 rate will be $3,267.
How do I access Act 166 funding for my child? 2 Easy Steps!
Enroll your child in a prequalified partner program.
- The Vermont Department of Children and Families Child Development Division maintains a searchable list of prequalified partner programs here.
- The Milton Town School District Early Education Collaborative is available to assist you in your search for a prequalified partner program. For assistance, call 893-5589 or email email@example.com
- If your child is already attending a program in a registered home or licensed center and the program is prequalified, you only need to register your child with the Milton Town School District. Your child can remain at the prequalified program and receive Act 166 funding.
- If your child is already attending a program in a registered home or licensed center and the program is not prequalified, contact the Milton Town School District Early Education Collaborative at 893-5589 to explore options for moving your program toward prequalification.
Register your child with the Milton Town School District.
- You can register your child online here. Scroll down the page until you see “New Online Registration”
- Your child must be age-eligible for the school year (age 3 or 4 by September 1st of the year in which you wish to enroll). You will be asked to provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate to verify age eligibility.
- You must be a resident of the town of Milton. You will be asked to provide verification of residence.
Once you have completed both steps, the Milton Town School District will enter into an agreement with the prequalified partner program to provide funding for 10 hours a week, for 35 weeks during the academic school year. Payments will be made directly to the prequalified partner site.
For more information about Act 166:
- visit the Vermont Agency of Education website
- view the New Universal Prekindergarten in Vermont Webinar shared by the Vermont Family Network