MAY 2017 STUDENTS OF THE MONTH
Gina O’Connor and Dusty Kemp
- Tyler Wolfenbarger – Tyler is always very respectful and well-mannered in class. He displays a positive attitude every day towards his learning, and has a very strong work ethic.
- Jennie Morisseau – Jennie comes to class every day ready to learn. She has done a wonderful job of taking ownership of her learning. Her perseverance and self-advocacy skills have demonstrated her success!
- Ashley Ingham – Ashley has demonstrated from Day 1 that she is a hard-working student. She always puts forth her best effort and her dedication towards her learning has made her very successful.
Courtney Reckord – Art
- Kaitlyn Shoreham – Kaitlyn is an incredibly talented artist who has made progress this semester in being willing to engage with her work both in and outside of class. She is willing to work hard to make work that she is proud of.
- Alex Poulin – I am impressed with Alex’s growth this quarter. His work on the myths and legends project has been exceptional. He has been prolific and produced high quality work.
- Camden Simoneau – Camden comes into class ready to work. He is always enthusiastic, positive and respectful. He goes above and beyond in his own work to create work that he is proud of.
- Gabe Garrow – Gabe is doing a great job learning how to use equipment in the kitchen. He is also improving his communication skills, especially letting us know his opinion.
- Hailey Lemieux – Hailey is a positive, respectful, caring person who has been a big help in class.
- Tim Fish – Tim is working hard on focusing, being a role model and teaching others the countless cooking skills he knows.
- Bailey Tomlinson – Bailey is working very hard on communicating, smiling and being her wonderful self.
- Donna Davis – Donna has done a great job helping others in class so that everyone can get their jobs done. She also is very respectful and is doing a good job with her knife skills.
- Eric MacLaughlin – Eric has worked very hard to feel at home in the kitchen and we can all say he has succeeded.
- Andrew Green – Besides making us all laugh with his humor Andrew also has been working very hard on focusing and following directions.
Trevor Wagar & Jim O’Grady – Physical Education
- Nicole LaBonte – Nicole has oversome some major obstacles with Personal Fitness this quarter. We talked at length at the start of the quarter about her goals and her distractions and she was unsure about how successful she would be in this class. She has worked really hard to focus on herself and completely buy into the system that I put in place. She has shown the best growth over the quarter than any other student and I am truly happy that we have worked well together in order to get her and her motivation levels heightened. I wish her the best of luck in here fitness and wellness pursuits from this moment on.
- Gabriel Garrow- Gabriel comes in class with a smile on his face and is always on task. He is focused on his workout every day and demonstrates great effort in accomplishing his goals. He inspires his classmates and me every day. Thanks Gabe!!
- Eric McLaughlin- Eric is a great PE student who comes every day and goes right to work on his personal workout. He makes sure to track his progress and always wears his heart rate sensor in order to monitor his work ethic during class. He is always checking in and asking for feedback. He is a pleasure to teach.
9th Grade Team Arrowhead
- Kiera Robie – Kiera is being recognized for her growth this year. She has contributed so much more to class and has been much more outgoing. We would like to celebrate her voice.
- Ashley Armell – Ashley is being recognized for her growth this school year. She has persevered and become much more outgoing in class. We would like to celebrate her strong voice.
- Aimee Lemieux – Aimee combines an excellent work ethic, deep thinking and a willingness to teach what she knows to others.
Rick Scharf -Chemistry
- Alexxi Champney – Alexxi is growing in confidence in her chemistry skills. She is engaging in class discussion and keeping focus to practice and improve.
10th Grade Team Cobble Hill
- Kierstin Langdeau – Kiersten has such a positive attitude and is such a pleasure to have in class. She is kind to everyone around her and is always willing to be an active participant of any group. She works hard and is very conscientious about her work and advocates respectfully for herself and others.
- Skyler Austin – Skyler has shown so much growth this year both academically and personally. He has become a great advocate for himself and others. His work is thorough and he is always willing to go back and revise to improve the quality of his work. We also appreciate his creativity and artistic expression in his work.
- JoJo Eddy – The 10th Grade Cobble Hill team is pleased to recognize JoJo as one of our May Student of the Month recipients. Her positive attitude and contributions in class are complimented by her thoughtful and insightful work. We look forward to working with her the rest of this year, and into the future.
- Elijah Longe – When we told Elijah we wanted to recognize his greatness as a student and person, his “What? Wait-why?” response showed a respectable level of modesty but also served to emphasize the importance of letting Elijah know just how wonderful he really is. Whether it is because of his expertly crafted personal narrative for English or for his tendency to seek out extra support during his study hall.
9th Grade Team Champlain
- Mercedes Burnham – Mercedes is a great asset to the class with her fun, bubbly personality. She is always willing to participate in the classroom. Mercedes has shown tremendous growth since September academically.
- Zoe Kelley – Zoe is a wonderful, sweet person inside and out. She is extremely caring, empathetic and is always willing to help others. Zoe is a very hard worker and seeks out help on her own. She takes pride in her work.
9th Grade Team Champlain and Community Program
- Andrew Green – We want to recognize Drew because of the positive growth he’s shown, especially academically, in this final quarter of the school year. If you want to know anything about any movie ever made, Drew’s your guy. Drew can tell you the name of every actor or actress who has ever won an academy award, as well as what year that happened and who the competition was. He will very strongly tell you his opinion of whether that award was deserved or not, and will be glad to recommend movies that you should see. But, in addition to this talent, Drew has shown that he can be a serious hard-working member of the class. He works very hard in areas that don’t come easy to him and maintains a respectful demeanor even when things are tough. Drew is polite and very willing to do what is asked of him. He has a remarkable sense of humor and enjoys sharing his jokes with other students during the morning announcements. Drew’s sense of humor is infectious and he is very well-liked. Keep up the good work Drew.
10th Grade Team Eagle Mountain
- Corinne Stocker – Corinne came to us for the year from Switzerland and we are thankful for having her in our classes. Her warm personality adds to our classrooms. Her work is always well done and she has impressed us by being very involved in student activities.
- Cheyenne Meader – Cheyenne is being recognized for her honesty, respect, and how responsible she is towards her peers and teachers.
- Rachel Clark – Rachel has shown great growth over the course of the year – her perseverance with her work and classroom discussions speaks volumes to her motivation and diligence.
- Alyson Sheehan – Alyson works hard – always smiles – helps others – super respectful – nice –kind – helpful & responsible.
Gary Furlong – US History
- Jayden Bradley – Jayden is having a great semester in US History. His work ethic is outstanding. Always one of the first to arrive for class he is serious about his work. He is thoughtful and his desire to do well results in high quality work.
- Jordan Inman – Jordan has been a great student in US History. He is curious about history and the world today. He regularly asks great questions which helps create a positive learning environment. He takes pride in his work and it is demonstrated by the success he has had this semester.
- Madison Chalmers – Madi is always working to her full potential and adds so much to the class.
- Iverson Sheesley – Iverson always comes to class with a great sense of humor. He has done a great job of working hard this semester.
- Gabrielle Fenton – Gabby always has a great attitude and works to her full potential.
Dorothy Grazier – Librarian
- Savannah Burroughs – After learning Tilt Brush, a VR app for painting in 3-D, Savannah taught Ms. Reckord’s STEAM art class the software, coming in on her own time multiple days.