October 2016 Students of the Month
Congratulations to our awesome Students of the Month for October!
Kristy Corrow – Mathematics
- Dwayne Kirby – Dwayne volunteered this summer in the garden. He was dependable and hardworking; he spent hours in the sun and rain in the garden no matter what the weather was!
Courtney Reckord – Art
- Ryan Austin – Ryan is a model student in my digital arts class. He is curious, willing to take risks in order to make something he is proud of, and a diligent worker. He is a pleasure to have in class.
- Andrew McQuinn – Andrew is dedicated to creating high quality work. He is willing to take the time necessary to make something that measures up to his high standards and he is also always ready to help his fellow students.
Rick Scharf – Chemistry / Environmental Apps
- Caitlyn LaMotte – Caitlyn has engaged fully with curriculum, deeply considering abstract ideas with her probing questions. Her work completion and problem solving have been top notch.
- Noah Perry – Noah has been a leader in the class, becoming fully engaged and considering ways that he can help us to improve our work.
- Gabby Fenton – Gabby has been a leader in class – fully engaging in class content and improving our class through her organization and initiative.
10th Grade Team Eagle Mountain
- Morgan Lavallee – Besides from being successful academically, Morgan has shown positive leadership with her peers and has a clear sense of purpose in and out of the classroom.
- Davilyn Bourne – Davilyn has had a strong start to the year and has been really working hard. She is a pleasure to have in class and is always striving for her best!
- Ethan Swan – From the first day of school Ethan has impressed his teachers with his ability. We appreciate his curiosity about many subjects and his friendly attitude and willingness to share and help others makes the classroom a positive learning environment.
10th Grade Team Cobble Hill
- Anthony Barbieri – Anthony is such a pleasure to have in class. Although he is a qui9et student, he demonstrates leadership through his actions and dedication to his studies. He is very patient with his peers and is willing to help others struggling to understand concepts and skills. His smile, kindness, and respectfulness are greatly appreciated by all of us.
- Jasmina Puric – Jasmina has been working very hard and has been very conscientious about her learning. She is becoming a leader among her peers through her actions. She is willing to take feedback and help respectfully and will also go the “extra mile” to help others once she understands what information. We look forward to seeing Jasmina continue to grow as a leader throughout the school year.
9th Grade Champlain Team
- Marcelline Dockham – Team Champlain is nominating Marceline for Student of the Month, Marcelline is a very strong student academically. She seems to understand concepts and new information very quickly. In class, Marcelline is always prepared and appears to care about her work. Marcelline is a great role model for other students.
- Owen Perry – Owen has had a tremendous start to high school. He is a self-directed learner who perseveres through challenges. He collaborates well with his peers and comes to class with a positive attitude and a great sense of humor.
- Sierra Pepin – Sierra is a hard worker. She asks great questions and wants to constantly improve her work. Her bubbly personality and lovely smile shows that she has great enthusiasm for life.
- Selina Boucher – Selina demonstrates initiative, is collaborative with her peers and is very driven to succeed. Selina is a sweetheart and is a great advocate for herself.
- William Devers – William demonstrates initiative, collaborates with others and is a strong student academically. William is a good class role model.
Karen Hammond – Chemistry
- Jackson Noel – Jackson is self-directed learner who tackles new content with ease. He jumps into new learning without hesitancy and is fully engaged in the work regardless of the type of activity.
9th Grade Team Arrowhead
- Sam Dooley – Our team of students nominated two students that they believed to be a great example of the transferable skill: participation and enhancement of community life (our team community). Sam modeled this skill for our team.
- Evelyn Stearns – Our team of students nominated two students that they believed to be a great example of the transferrable skill: participation and enhancement of community life (our team community). Evelyn modeled this skill for our team.
Amanda DeCarlo – Art
- Hanna Desrochers – Hanna is an absolutely outstanding and dedicated artist. She, as a senior, is in AP art and uses most of her free time throughout the day to continue her art making. Some days she works on her art for three or four hours per day, not including the extra stuff she does at home. Hanna is highly motivated and needs little coaching with her art work. She understands how important art is both to her personally and for the community.
- Madi Brice – Madi is an outstanding art history student. Not only has she received above a grade of 100 on all of her quizzes but she truly contributes in a meaningful way every day during class discussion. Most kids sit silently when I ask questions but not Madi. She is always engaged in what we are learning about. Madi is also a very talented artist.
Trevor Wagar – PE
- Hadassah Elwood– Hadi has been a great member of our class even before class started. She was very excited to experience the class and fit her goals, extracurricular activities and lifestyle in together. She is eager to learn and try new things. She is committed to herself every day and pursues her goals with a passion. She is not shy to ask questions that will enhance her routine and bring her further knowledge. I appreciate her commitment to herself and hope that she reaches her goals.
- Jayson Felix– This is Jay’s second time in class and due to a curriculum and class structure change he has learned a lot from the previous class and expanded on that knowledge this time around. He is always asking great questions that I know other students are wondering, but don’t bother to ask. No matter the day, Jay is ready to go and commits fully to his goals. I also appreciate his taste in music and wisdom beyond his years.
- Jericha Shepard– Jericha has been such a spark plug of energy with our group and is very courteous and responsible. She is also very committed to her goals and her approach to her lifestyle. She makes a solid effort every day to be engaged and get everything she can from class. I truly believe she really enjoys being in class and having the opportunity to focus on her career and life wellness goals. She is always facilitating great conversations and making the group around her better.
- Kyle Palmer– Palmy is more of a quiet leader in the class. He remains focused on himself and his goals and is always on top of every assignment, assessment, and his goal tracking. I aspire to have the student’s enter the class like they would enter a fitness club when they are out of High School. Kyle truly does that every day and brings a lot of professionalism to our group. I enjoy chatting with him about the upcoming musical and the adventures of our Milton Drama Club.
- Billy Heath– Billy is a hard working young man with a vision and passion for whatever he commits to. I have seen him grow over the last few years and also during this quarter. He is a respectful student and is always prepared. He is constantly looking to improve and is great about being vocal in class and creating a positive environment. It is a pleasure to have Billy in class.
- Shea Leclair– Shea fits the mold of what a committed and successful student should look like and never takes a day off. She has a great personality, loves to laugh and have fun. But, with that said, she is extremely self-disciplined and is always looking for ways to intensify her routine in order to achieve her desired level of success. She is very well respected by her classmates and is also a very friendly and caring person. I am positive that Shea will do great things with any path that she pursues if she continues to demonstrate what she does in our class on a day to day basis.
Sara Meigs – Geometry / Algebra II
- Alex Gallagher – Alex is a very hard working student and while he doesn’t always know the correct answer right away, he has no problem asking the right questions to get him to a place of understanding. Alex’s work is top notch and his engagement during class is unmatched in his particular geometry class. I appreciate the work he puts in and how he is a role model for his peers.
- Jordan Bean – Jordan is a remarkable hard worker that always helps to keep the class on track. I can trust Jordan to explain concepts to students that are confused when I am out (which is not something I have even been able to say about a student in my time here at MHS. She really goes above and beyond and produces exceptional work.
- Alexia Hathaway – Alexia is always on task and that can sometimes be a challenge in her particular Geometry class. She is consistently engaged in class and prepared for when class begins. She participates and gets all of her assignments done on time. I wish I had a classroom full of students just like Alexia.